Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Homemade Playdough with KoolAid

**Just a quick note - I welcome any pinning from my blog as long as it does not include pictures of my kids. If I credit the idea from another blog, please be sure to pin from the ORIGINAL source so proper credit can be given. Thank you!**

We tried our hand at making homemade playdough this week (after realizing that the store bought stuff had dried out). We tried a few different recipes - both cooked and uncooked - and finally ended up with a version of our own. Here's what we found to work the best:

Playdough Recipe
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1 T veg oil
  • 1 1/2 T cream of tarter
  • 2 packs of KoolAid
Mix all the ingredients together over low heat. Stir until it takes on a playdough consistency, adding more flour if needed. Right at the point where I was certain I had messed up the recipe (the dough was just a big sticky mess) it started to come together. Let it cool on the counter and then enjoy! The best part of using KoolAid is that it smells SO good when you make it and play with it.

The color doesn't show up well in this picture, but the playdough is actually a semi-bright orange. This was all made in one batch - plenty for my 3 oldest to play with together.

To go along with our new playdough I printed some playdough mats and laminated them. I found a great list of printable mats at Planet of the Apels and also at SparkleBox.


The kids have been having a blast with their new playdough and mats! Do you have a favorite playdough recipe? What's your favorite way to play with playdough?

1 comment:

Kier CS said...

This is a great post thanks for sharing it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...